Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's Never Too Late To Recreate!

"Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself. "

I'm not sure where I got this quote from, but I LOVE IT!  In keeping habit with my intentions to try everything I want to do in life I decided to create a blog after reading some very funny and interesting blogs I've seen lately from some seriously interesting ladies.  About a year ago I decided to start finding new hobbies and reconnecting with some old ones to get out of the same hum drum pace of everyday life.  You know, work, dinner, TV, sleep...repeat...you get the picture.  Some of the new things I tried were guitar lessons after having a perfectly good acoustic guitar sit in my room for more than 10 years . It was a gift from my very talented brother who I've always been jealous could just pick up any music instrument and play with all the AWESOMENESS of a true musician.  It turns out,  if you don't practice like you should your not all that great, and taking piano and guitar lessons at the same time really isn't the best way to learn, but HEY if I ever get serious about it I know the basics.  Now if I could just get callouses on my fingers to stop the pain from the strings.  Even though I'm not what you would call good at it, it was really self fulfilling to take action towards something I always wondered what if. 

Then I decided to get back to art!  I love art and anyone who can make it.  In high school I took art for 3 years and it was the class I looked forward to everyday and Mrs.Cook was my favorite teacher.  I also have some great girlfriends that are ART majors, which I'm so jealous they were smart enough to do, instead of my marketing degree in college, but tis life.  I'm not 1/2 as good as they are, but the thing I love about painting, drawing, writing, etc. is you can create whatever you want and it doesn't matter if everyone thinks its good.  It's about expressing yourself and hey if you can make a buck at it all the better.

So to sum things up.  I look forward to my new experiment with blogging and hope to get better at it.  I hope you enjoy my blogs and I hope you try everything you may be holding back on in life.  Here's to new ideas, recreating yourself, and just letting go without caring what others think. Life is short so make sure you do anything and everything your little heart desires! Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think.

Come on spill the beans! :)

Wendy